Purpose

This blog is for all moms of young children who want to keep things fresh in your home . . . new ways to spend time with your kids, recipes, books, helpful websites, etc. Being a mom is fun but sometimes it's hard! Whether you are a mother working outside the home or inside the home my hope is this blog makes your role as a mother easier and helps keep you and your children engaged!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Passports for the Summer

Last summer I got the kids each a notebook to journal about their summer, draw about it, etc., and I think they wrote all of 2 sentences in it.  One of the moms from my son's preschool shared with me her great idea of making passports for the kids to date stamp their activities.  This was a brilliant idea for a few reasons:  1.  they are used to the idea of a passport because with their "Highlights, Top Secret Mission" puzzle book they get it comes with a passport and they get to add a country sticker to their passport every time.  I think this is actually their favorite part of receiving a new puzzle book.  2.  Now they can just date stamp an activity when they do it if they want, or add a little more if they want.  Lynn showed me how she did hers, but I improvised some.  Here are the pictures: 

I took brown cardstock and cut it in half for the cover and back.  I stamped their names and the title on the front with my stamp letters.  I bought the tag on the front from hobby lobby.


Then I thought of what activities we would be doing this summer, and found some clipart.  I printed the clipart, cut it out, and glued it onto black construction paper, like so:  :)

I cut computer paper into the size of the passport and added 2 pages for each activity which includes things like swimming, sports camps, California, Family camp, bowling, etc.  Here is another picture:


Obviously this isn't professional work, but we are talking a 7, 5 and 2 year old here.  They can take a picture of something and add it, date stamp it (I have stamps with each month as well as number stamps but you could get a date stamper or just write it), draw something, write something you liked about the day, etc.  Hopefully they will actually do it and have a little journal of their summer at the end of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you new to the mothering world?

I have a particular passion for women who have just entered the world of mothering, especially when it comes to getting your baby on a schedule and sleeping. Please send me a message if you have any questions! I would love to help!