Purpose

This blog is for all moms of young children who want to keep things fresh in your home . . . new ways to spend time with your kids, recipes, books, helpful websites, etc. Being a mom is fun but sometimes it's hard! Whether you are a mother working outside the home or inside the home my hope is this blog makes your role as a mother easier and helps keep you and your children engaged!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

DIY Craft

OK moms - I need your help!  I know there are a handful of you reading this blog, and maybe more, but I simply can't tell.  And . . . this blog was never intended to be for me.  I started it because I truly have a passion for moms of young children and the unique and challenging phase of life that it is.  So . . . if you are reading this, I would truly love your input.  What kinds of topics are you most interested in?  I'm willing to put time into just about anything if I believe it is helping someone, so even if I don't have my own experiences to rely on and share with you, I'll look into and offer any info I can to help.  Some ideas:  recipes, keep kids engaged, toy/game reviews, education . . . I'm sure you have more ideas.  And if you don't have any feedback/ideas, and you are following/enjoying the blog, please let me know that too.  I don't know how much I will continue it if I don't feel it is really helping anyone.  Thank you!

But for now, I will tell you that one of the primary ways I keep my sanity is through crafts.  For awhile I was scrapbooking, but I have sort of fizzled out on that and have (as many of you have) discovered pinterest.  I love it!!!  My amazing friend Sarah has been teaching me so many basics that should keep me occupied for a very long time.  I am including a picture of something I made today, and if you are reading this blog, and your last name starts with E, you may have a gift coming your way . . . :)  Here is a pic:



I borrowed the idea from pinterest and then put my own twist on it.  If you are interested in the details of how to put this together, let me know! 


2 comments:

  1. I'd love kid-friendly recipes that are interesting for adults or could be made interesting for adults. Like I make my kids plain pork chops with melted cheese but for my boyfriend and I, I add sauteed onions and granny smith apples. His kids are super picky and don't like meat much. It's really hard to find stuff everyone (4 kids, 2 adults) likes. Very cute craft, love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE what you are doing with this blog. I find it so interesting and inspiring to read. I'm not a new mom, however, it's great to get some fresh ideas and new things to try, as well as simply see how someone else is doing this mom-thing! I really like the activities and easy craft ideas you post. I hope you can keep it going and that it is a benefit to others. I would have loved this as a brand new mom!

    ReplyDelete

Are you new to the mothering world?

I have a particular passion for women who have just entered the world of mothering, especially when it comes to getting your baby on a schedule and sleeping. Please send me a message if you have any questions! I would love to help!