Purpose

This blog is for all moms of young children who want to keep things fresh in your home . . . new ways to spend time with your kids, recipes, books, helpful websites, etc. Being a mom is fun but sometimes it's hard! Whether you are a mother working outside the home or inside the home my hope is this blog makes your role as a mother easier and helps keep you and your children engaged!

Monday, June 11, 2012

Candy Strawberries and Lava Lamps

This morning my oldest is at a flag football camp at our local community center, and while he is away the rest of us will be going grocery shopping.  Exciting!  We will be getting a few things for fun activities this afternoon.  It is going to be 100 today, so I've got a few indoor activities up my sleeve. 

Before I go into the details of the afternoon, can I just encourage you to get up early and exercise this summer?  It makes such a difference in my attitude, and my guess is it's the same for most.  I decided about a month ago that I was going to commit to continuing my exercise routine (I have a 3.8 mile route that I adore and that I walk/run) during these hot summer months by getting up at 6 and getting it done.  It is still soooo nice in the mornings (70ish), there is a cool breeze, and no one is out so it is incredibly peaceful.  If that's the only time of day I get to myself I am definitely going to take it!  I have to share the early mornings with my hubs (he likes to exercise early as well) and today was my day to get out of the house.  So, I feel especially ready to take on the day! 

This morning in addition to grocery shopping I will be putting together a meatloaf for dinner tonight.  I can stick it in the fridge and when we are about an hour away from dinner I can just stick it in the oven and I don't have to worry about it.  I also make 2 at a time so that next week (or in 2 weeks) I have a dinner already made.  You can find the recipe here if you are interested:  http://www.momma-smith.blogspot.com/search/label/Recipes

This afternoon while the little one is napping, we will be making candy strawberries and lava lamps.  Here is the link for making the lava lamps (so easy - we will be getting the water bottles - since we are out - and alka seltzer antacid tablets today at the store):  http://www.momma-smith.blogspot.com/2012/05/summer-arts-and-crafts.html.  Here is the link for the candy strawberries:  http://www.theworldwidegourmet.com/recipes/dried-strawberries-ruscalleda/.  I'll let you know if they are a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you new to the mothering world?

I have a particular passion for women who have just entered the world of mothering, especially when it comes to getting your baby on a schedule and sleeping. Please send me a message if you have any questions! I would love to help!