Purpose

This blog is for all moms of young children who want to keep things fresh in your home . . . new ways to spend time with your kids, recipes, books, helpful websites, etc. Being a mom is fun but sometimes it's hard! Whether you are a mother working outside the home or inside the home my hope is this blog makes your role as a mother easier and helps keep you and your children engaged!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Getting Your Kids in the Kitchen

One of things I planned with the kids this summer was cooking classes in our home.  Sounds cheesy - I know - but with it being so hot outside it was another fun thing to do indoors and the kids always enjoyed being a part of the cooking process.  I got the idea when I was standing in the checkout line at the grocery store and saw one of those little recipe books.  This one was called "Jello and Cool Whip Summer Desserts" and they were pretty simple for the most part.  So I had my 6 year old go through it and pick out the ones he thought he would like to make.  I have to be totally honest and say that we only made one of the 7 or so recipes we picked out, so now we can plan on making these in the fall.  The point was more that we planned it and the kids knew what they had to look forward to, but we ended up swimming or doing something else fun instead!  With the one recipe we did make, they had a great time with it and of course then they had a dessert for after dinner!  I've included some of the recipes we picked out under the page "Kids in the Kitchen".  I hope you find some that you can have fun with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you new to the mothering world?

I have a particular passion for women who have just entered the world of mothering, especially when it comes to getting your baby on a schedule and sleeping. Please send me a message if you have any questions! I would love to help!