Purpose

This blog is for all moms of young children who want to keep things fresh in your home . . . new ways to spend time with your kids, recipes, books, helpful websites, etc. Being a mom is fun but sometimes it's hard! Whether you are a mother working outside the home or inside the home my hope is this blog makes your role as a mother easier and helps keep you and your children engaged!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Recipes

So . . . since I easily get bored with food, this is the way cooking works in my house.  I subscribe to several magazines (Food Network, Everyday with Rachel Ray, Cuisine).  As soon as I get the magazine, I go through and pick out the recipes I want to try by just folding the corner down on the page.  Each week before I go to the store for the week I find out how many dinners will be needed for that week (sometimes we aren't home for dinner) and then I go through the magazines and pick out the ones I want to make.  I don't plan for the weekends (including Friday night) since we often have things going on.  Then I make my grocery list which includes the items needed for those recipes.  I love having a plan for the week and then I don't have to worry about it for another week!  If I like the recipe I picked out, I cut it out, staple it to an index card (I usually staple the picture to the back of the card), and put it in my recipe box.  Most of the recipes I share will be from these sources.  Food Network magazine always has a "50 things" booklet in their magazine that I love.  My favorite one was the "50 smoothies" booklet.  It was fabulous and such an easy way to add more nutrients to our bellies!  Finally, we get our meat andveggies from Town and Country foods.  The meat is all natural and they deliver it every 8 months.  It is only about 130 per month for all of our meat and veggies and this makes planning on the fly so much easier!!!  I've included some recipes I already like on the recipes page below, and I'll be sharing some in my blog posts as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you new to the mothering world?

I have a particular passion for women who have just entered the world of mothering, especially when it comes to getting your baby on a schedule and sleeping. Please send me a message if you have any questions! I would love to help!