Purpose

This blog is for all moms of young children who want to keep things fresh in your home . . . new ways to spend time with your kids, recipes, books, helpful websites, etc. Being a mom is fun but sometimes it's hard! Whether you are a mother working outside the home or inside the home my hope is this blog makes your role as a mother easier and helps keep you and your children engaged!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Introduction to my blog

So thanks to the encouragement of Jenny Musgrove, I have decided to start this blog and see where it goes.  This is primarily geared toward mothers of young children.  If you are anything like me, you get bored with the same ole routine and want something new.  You get bored with recipes, bored with the same play places, etc.  I have worked full time with young children in my home, part time, and am now am a stay at home mom.  This past summer was my first summer with all 3 children home (Noah is 6, Guerin is 4, and Clara is 1) in my new stay at home mom role.  Experience told me that if my kids started getting bored, fighting between them started shortly thereafter.  And then very shortly after that I would get extremely grumpy.  So . . . I planned a FUN summer with something happening every morning and every afternoon (and some evenings) every day of the summer.  I created a calendar on posterboard and hung it in the kids room so that they could see as soon as they got up what they had to look forward to.  I started telling other moms about it and they wanted to get their hands on the calendar to get new ideas, and that is essentially why I am starting this blog.  This time with your children will go by soooo fast, so why not make the most of it?!?!  At a minimum of every other day, I plan on posting something, whether it is a recipe, a project I did with the kids of some sort (science, art or a cooking class with them), a new children's website I have discovered that is helpful for learning, a play place we went to, a kids game we have discovered, etc.  There is so much out there that can help create a joyful, engaging relationship with your child and I hope this helps you get there!  I'll also discuss the failures and what didn't work for us.  We are by no means a perfect family so hopefully in discussing our failures you won't feel alone in yours.  I'll put a few extras in here too, like whether my new idea of checking out workout videos from the library actually works, or whether I am going to have to fork up the extra $60 a month to join Lifetime Fitness.  I would absolutely love your thoughts and new ideas as well, so please leave your comments!!!  Love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Your first recommendation: Most YMCA's have parent nights out so you can drop off your kids for $10 each for a night out for your hubby! It's cheaper than hiring a babysitter for 4 hours! :)

    ReplyDelete

Are you new to the mothering world?

I have a particular passion for women who have just entered the world of mothering, especially when it comes to getting your baby on a schedule and sleeping. Please send me a message if you have any questions! I would love to help!