Purpose

This blog is for all moms of young children who want to keep things fresh in your home . . . new ways to spend time with your kids, recipes, books, helpful websites, etc. Being a mom is fun but sometimes it's hard! Whether you are a mother working outside the home or inside the home my hope is this blog makes your role as a mother easier and helps keep you and your children engaged!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fly Lady

Got this email from a friend this morning and had to share!  It's about the website flylady.net . . .

My biggest challenge as a wife, mom, etc. is keeping the house clean.  I simply cannot dedicate a day to getting it done but rather I need to do it along the way.  A little here, a little there.  Once I found a website that would tell me each day what to clean…so you don’t just skip the stuff you hate to do.  The idea is that you really focus on cleaning and “just get it done” in 20 minutes a day and then one day a week was an hour or so.  For example, it would say things like “Use a long-handled duster and run around your house as fast as you can cleaning the baseboards”  or “Attack your bathrooms for 20 minutes.  Go for the grungiest places first.  Move fast.  It is a race.  When the timer goes off, stop and get back to life.”  The blog lady always would say things like “I know you don’t want to do the cleaning but whining never made anything shine. So just get over yourself and go get it done.  Do it fast so it hurts less.”

A great tip for pretty much all of us!  http://www.flylady.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you new to the mothering world?

I have a particular passion for women who have just entered the world of mothering, especially when it comes to getting your baby on a schedule and sleeping. Please send me a message if you have any questions! I would love to help!