Purpose

This blog is for all moms of young children who want to keep things fresh in your home . . . new ways to spend time with your kids, recipes, books, helpful websites, etc. Being a mom is fun but sometimes it's hard! Whether you are a mother working outside the home or inside the home my hope is this blog makes your role as a mother easier and helps keep you and your children engaged!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

I Spy Spooky Mansion

One of the things that my kids and I like to do together (I should be embarrassed to admit this but I promise transparency!) is play hidden object computer games together.  I know it's kind of nerdy, but it's something that we both (either me and my 6 year old or me and my 4 year old) like to do and so it's a great way to spend time together.  They have several "I Spy" hidden object computer games (all of which we bought from the book order forms that come home from school).  One of them is I Spy Spooky Mansion (there really isn't anything spooky about it), and both my 4 and 6 year old love it.  It's great for the 4 year old who isn't a proficient reader yet because you can click on the name of the object and it will say it out loud.  There are 3 "versions" of the game and as you complete each one you can start a new one.  They are the same rooms but different clues you are finding.  As you go through the rooms in the house looking for objects and complete a room, you collect a clue for the end of the game.  When you have all of the clues collected then you start the final stage of each version.  These games are great for bad weather days or for a little quiet time in the middle of the day if they aren't napping or if you need a break.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this. Maybe you'd like to guest post on my blog sometime? OR I could re-post something like this.

    Following from FNF hop.
    http://hearttoheartathome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ill search bout this game ;) You do really have a great blog! I love to be here every now and then. anyway i want to invite you to join our new community http://girlstalksociety.com where in you can share your blog posts, create new groups, meet new friends and you can even be a moderator there if you want to, so we can feature your site in the gts spotlight. just do let me know by pm...my username there is prewchatterly. Lets help each others blog have better rankings. by the way this october we will be having our everyday BLOG HOP AND MEME feel free to join in your free time Godbless you! hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete

Are you new to the mothering world?

I have a particular passion for women who have just entered the world of mothering, especially when it comes to getting your baby on a schedule and sleeping. Please send me a message if you have any questions! I would love to help!