Purpose

This blog is for all moms of young children who want to keep things fresh in your home . . . new ways to spend time with your kids, recipes, books, helpful websites, etc. Being a mom is fun but sometimes it's hard! Whether you are a mother working outside the home or inside the home my hope is this blog makes your role as a mother easier and helps keep you and your children engaged!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bday Idea

I am in the midst of preparing for my youngest child's 2nd birthday.  Last year when I was thinking about what I could do that would be really special for my 4 year old's bday, I came up with making him a personalized shirt special for his day.  He really appreciates individual attention and anything nice that you do for him.  He lit up when he saw his face on the front of his shirt and his name on the back.  Needless to say, I think I have started a tradition.  I made one for my daughter's bday this year and included a pic of it below.  Just an idea to help make your child's bday extra special!  All you need are the transfer sheets from the craft store (if you want to iron on any picture like i did below), the shirt ($3 at the craft store), and any iron ons you want (like numbers or letters).  The site that I used to get the picture was http://www.purplechimp.com/.  I selected the clip art I wanted and then typed her name and "Birthday Girl" like you see in the picture.  It's actually kind of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you new to the mothering world?

I have a particular passion for women who have just entered the world of mothering, especially when it comes to getting your baby on a schedule and sleeping. Please send me a message if you have any questions! I would love to help!