Purpose

This blog is for all moms of young children who want to keep things fresh in your home . . . new ways to spend time with your kids, recipes, books, helpful websites, etc. Being a mom is fun but sometimes it's hard! Whether you are a mother working outside the home or inside the home my hope is this blog makes your role as a mother easier and helps keep you and your children engaged!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Supporting a Cause

This morning our family participated in a walk for Alzheimers. This was just a 1 mile walk so the whole family could do it, and my grandfather died of the disease so the family could also relate to it. I think this is a great way to get the younger ones thinking outside of themselves a bit and come to more of an understanding about what it means to serve and support others. They really enjoyed it - especially since it was at the mall and they got free carousel rides afterwards! We made shirts for it with our loved ones names on them (my husband had a great aunt that died of it as well) and the kids had a great time with that as well. In November they have another one at the Dallas Zoo and I think we will plan on attending . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you new to the mothering world?

I have a particular passion for women who have just entered the world of mothering, especially when it comes to getting your baby on a schedule and sleeping. Please send me a message if you have any questions! I would love to help!