Purpose

This blog is for all moms of young children who want to keep things fresh in your home . . . new ways to spend time with your kids, recipes, books, helpful websites, etc. Being a mom is fun but sometimes it's hard! Whether you are a mother working outside the home or inside the home my hope is this blog makes your role as a mother easier and helps keep you and your children engaged!

Friday, October 28, 2011

Great Books for Your Children

I am slightly obsessed with books and activities for my kids, and love learning about new resources (which is why I started this blog in the first place - so that I could share anything I learn with all of you and spread the love).  I went to MOPS the other day, and my table leader, Martha Cox, brought her library of books (I think there were about a hundred) and went through several of them and shared highlights from some of the books.  They ranged from science and math books, to character building and Bible stories/devotionals.  She loves books and teaching her children as well, and spent many hours researching the best books she could find.  It was truly impressive, and I have already purchased some of the books she recommended.  I put the others on an Amazon wish list for Christmas ideas.  :)  I am adding a tab with all of the books she recommended on my blog simply due to the fact that it was so impressive.  The list was 3 pages long.  Additionally, she recommended some avenues to get books at a minimal cost. 

1.  Use the library and netflix for educational DVDs (ex. - Bill Nye the Science Guy)
2.  Interlibrary Loan - a resource where you can request any book on-line and have it shipped to your library for free.
3.  Amazon!  Get an Amazon mom account.  http://wwww.amazon.com/gp/mom/signup/info

As I start going through the books she has recommended, I will let you know what I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you new to the mothering world?

I have a particular passion for women who have just entered the world of mothering, especially when it comes to getting your baby on a schedule and sleeping. Please send me a message if you have any questions! I would love to help!